IA Officers' meeting 8 August.
1. It appears that Pizel has been hacked.
- Pizel and his alts have been placed in the initiate rank, to minimise any further Guild Bank activity.
- A ticket has been lodged with Blizzard to confirm the nature of the circumstances surrounding the theft from the Guild Bank and requesting that the items are returned.
it turned out that Pizel's account had not been hacked> But that after feeling a "failure" in the raiding and getting that reinforced by whispers from a member of the raid team (not the raid leader), Pizel got angry (as would be expected) and took stuff from the Guild Bank and quit the guild. Then, felt massively guilty and spoke to Faythe about it and apologised and returned the value of the items in Gold. This matter is deemed resolved as the item value has been returned in accordance with our guild's rules.
Under no circumstances should members of the raid team take it upon themselves to bully others through private whispers over their lack of raid awareness or DPS. If you are concerned about the performance of another member of our casual raid team, whisper the Raid Leader and offer your services as coach! We seek to support our players to play the game best they can.
2. Raider support.
- Support for Pizel’s game play: It has been noticed that his gear stats are not useful for his Retribution Pally class.
- Emrald is levelling a Ret Pally to find out how to manage the class.
- Loraks, who has some experience with the class will offer some coaching and support via gear stat's and rotation via the target dummy
3. Raids with fresh 680’s:
- Due to a recent influx of fresh raiders, a couple of the Core group are losing their tier items to those fresh players.
- We were struggling on the second level with the 680ilvl + 25k DPS minimums
- We need to teach how to raid and roll on gear, which was considered to be unusual so late into the expansion.
- We were mindful that some people had worked very hard (RL permitting) to get to the set minimums: 680 ilvl + 25k dp.
- We need to be mindful that for some reaching this point has been the personal best and we need to support their entrance into the end-game raid and game's ultimate bosses.
- To support fresh raiders, we’ve tried running gearing runs in BRF and HFC. However, the people who need the gear and to learn the mechanics usually don’t turn up and it seems to be a waste of time for the core raiders with limited game time due to RL commitments.
- It was noted that many core raisers also like to bring their alts to these runs and that means that we are not able to "carry" that many fresh raiders.
- A quick review of those who are new to the raid group: Centrees, Druidnation, Miniein (in all PVP gear), Nardath.
- A short discussion revealed that whilst having PVP gear can lead to some issues with stat's, the player's technique can mean that the DPS level can be easily met and exceeded.
- The raid leader felt that PVP gear, for this expansion only, was not a big issue. The issue was usually low dps and poor raid awareness.
- However, it was noted that for the up-coming expansion PVP gear will not be acceptable within the PVE raiding environment.
1. Tier items still required. We need to reserve the items for our core raiders: only helm and legs. New raiders free to roll on everything else. When core raiders have their tier - then open roll. Upon a review of what was still required it was estimated that it should take about two runs to complete.
2. Run an alt-run for bottom half of Hellfire citadel on Sunday afternoons.
3. Alternate weeks for HFC starting points:
- Friday 14 Aug second level - progression / Saturday 15 Aug bottom level - smash and grab.
- Friday 21 Aug bottom level - smash and grab / Saturday 22 Aug second level - progression
4. To change ilvl + dps minimums for the second level within HFC.
- bottom level: 680ilvl / 25 DPS min;
- top level: 690 ilvl / 30 DPS min
5. New raiders are strongly encouraged to grind for apexis-related gear in Tanaan
If there are any edits, please let me know via response to this discussion forum. If no responses are received by the end of Monday evening - I will post this into general news on Tuesday 11 Aug.