Battle for Azeroth has started and our guild is already proud of an Uldir full clear on normal and three Heroic bosses in. This only happens through sound council leadership and with cohesive participation from each guild member.
Immortal Ascension invites applications for ONE (1) Officer vacancy. One of our founding members, Ranker, is taking a break from Azeroth and we wish him well across the next months. As Ranker is a Guild Officer, we are needing to fill the vacancy. At first this will be for two months, with the view to permanency, should Ranker decide to take a much longer break. The successful applicant will hold an Immortal role within our guild.
As an officer, you would be contributing to ensuring the continual improvement of our Guild-Life. You will work directly under the Guild Master as a trusted and dedicated council member, one that she can depend on. For the most part, Immortal Ascension is a guild for mature-minded and mature-aged persons. We have a fairly even ratio of male to female players, so an Officer will need to feel comfortable in talking respectfully with a range of ages and all genders.
As an officer, you will have council and guild-life duties to perform for Immortal Ascension. This can be as simple as: role administration, running gearing raids, running fun events, or member liaison (welcoming new members and helping them settle in).
How to behave as a Officer
• Officers should always be the members who lead by setting a good example, through reaching out to ALL the members to make them feel included.
• Faithfully maintain your assigned role or duties.
• You want to be approachable.
• Make sure people know they can talk to you about in-game concerns and issues.
• Being a helping hand is a big part of your duty. Accept and be willing to help others with dungeons or other things.
• Always act in a respectable manner towards our members, other players, and other guilds. You need to be aware that your in-game behaviour is watched by more than just our guild; Immortal Ascension is a well-respected guild with a significantly high reputation, not just on Gundrak! We are known for our raid progress and our keen sense of community.
• If you have concerns, you would not be sharing them with the guild community, you would be talking to your Guild Master and working with her to resolve the issue you are experiencing. Spreading unrest and drama can be unraveling.
• Be a open ear for ideas, you don’t have to accept them ... just listen.
The decision to offer the Immortal Role will occur only after due consideration of your application and discussion by the existing officers: Eminence, Catmander and Immortal ranked members. The role will only be offered where there is a need for what you can offer and / or there is a vacancy. Once a decision is made, there will be no further discussion as to the outcome. Should your application not be successful, you are welcome to apply for any further vacancies, should they become available.
Applications for this Officer vacancy, will close Friday 19 October 2018 at midnight.