Applications will be invited from Immortal Ascension members who feel ready to take on the demanding and very challenging role of Legion Raid Commander. Applications will be submitted online via our guild’s website. So you will need to be registered to use this Guild Website, if you still need to do that REGISTER HERE. You should also be a Champion in the guild (Exalted Guild Reputation)
The applications will be assessed by the guild’s Council and, as such, should an existing Council member apply, they will not participate in this decision-making process.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE THURSDAY 15 SEPTEMBER 2016
IA Raid Commander Selection
The purpose of Raid Commander in Immortal Ascension is to not only about having the ability to organise groups, execute raids and accommodate players who are interested in raiding. This is not a position solely dedicated to leading raids themselves - there are a range of duties. Please keep in mind that the position of Raid Commander is usually a part of the leadership structure of the guild; as such, you are expected to abide by our guild’s philosophy and code of conduct. The expectations of the IA Legion Raid Commander are covered by three criterion, the questions following each criterion are there to provide guidance for the applicant’s response (so you know what to think about and respond to in the application):
1. Do you have a good grasp of current expansion skills and mechanics (this is not meaning a walking wikipedia). Provide an example of how you use your game knowledge to support raiding decisions.
2. Provide an example of how you have been able to make strategy decisions clearly, especially even when there may not be full agreement. What did you do to ensure the raid team’s incremental progression.
3. In what ways would you plan to provide feedback? How important is it to ensure that the feedback is concise and constructive? How would you manage feedback from the team for your own contributions?
1. Do you have any circumstances that may prevent you from being available to organise raid groups for 15 minutes BEFORE the advertised raid time? If you do, what steps would you take to overcome these to ensure that the raid starts on time?
2. Do you have any experience in organising roles and classes for specific raid mechanics?
3. How would you work with the Raid Deputies to improve the IA Raiding experience for all raiders?
4. Provide examples of how you would go about managing the raids logistics, such as Buff Food, Enchants, Pots and Flasks and managing Loot through Master Looter and enacting Loot Council as required.
1. Do you have examples of when you have been able to respectfully and professionally explain raid mechanics, make decisions. If you had to ask someone to play a different specialisation, how would you go about that to ensure that they feel that they are part of a solution rather than part of a problem?
2. Monitoring and managing the raid night mind-set and able to maintain a form of professional courtesy when dealing with other members of a raid who may let their frustration get the better of their usual collegiate demeanor. What are your strategies for maintaining a positive raiding environment?
3. Are you aware of how you will manage being the “last word” about any strategy or shifts in the strategies being implemented? How do you deal with this sort of pressure, when on progression?
4. Pushing at the raiding progression a little earlier has the potential to lead to a fair bit of strategising and wiping. We see that it will be important to work with Raid Deputies to exchange information (either about raids or raid members) in order to manage that progression. What ideas do you have for building a positive raid leadership team?
Any failure to meet these criterion will lead to a frank and respectful discussion with the guild’s officers and may result in removal from the Raid Commander / officer role.
Up for the Challenge?
Thanks for considering this exciting opportunity!